Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb 1-4, 2010

Here are the responses to the followers of my blog:

Cindy: A Plate Vegetable is pretty much a really big potato but not as starchy. It's yummy and when I had it, it was sliced up and I think fried with some sort of sauce. I bet hoisen (sp?) sauce would taste really good with it.

Brian: I actually wouldn't mind painting the place because it is so dark all the time and a carpet would be nice because the stone floors are freezing all the time. In regards to the height, I am one of the tallest people…in fact when I come across a taller person than me I catch myself staring at them as they walk by. To my amazement I saw another foreigner who was probably 6' something and I was staring, I can only imagine how many people look at him throughout the day.

Elysse: I miss you like CRAZY as well. :'-( I thought you would appreciate the bit about acting. My apartment is fairly nice, just a little dark. Once I get paid I'm going to see about getting it painted. I laughed though…I brought sheets from home and they don't fit on my bed here…this bed is bigger than mine at home. Ha ha ha. Not as comfortable though…it's a piece of plywood over top of springs, I bet you're jealous about that hey! Before Brandy left we put some blankets underneath us but it still didn't do much. I'm still hunting for a foamy I can use instead. Oh what's your Skype name and your email?

David: I am 15 hours ahead of you guys, so usually I am in the next day.

Jessie: I will make sure to keep putting pictures up for you. :-)

Mark: I only brought one camera with me. I figured it would be cheaper to buy one here if I needed another one.

Well there is something to be said about the Chinese people's health. Frances found out I have a cold and has been telling me what I can and cannot have (in a motherly sort of way). Cookies is on the no-no list. I'm only allowed healthy food and hot water. And as a bribe to get better, she has given me a package of milk tea from Hong Kong to try.

All in all the days feel like they are just drifting away with not enough hours in a day to get anything accomplished.

I managed to walk around and explore the area for a bit the other day. I ended up down a street with a ton of flower shops; it smelled really nice and looked like spring. The next street was filled with kitchen stores. Not trinkets you find in kitchens, but stoves, cupboards, ovens, etc. There were lots of colors to choose from and lots of different styles, all the counters were really low though. I didn't see any kiosks that were selling anything in my price range and therefore didn't get to try talking to anyone.

I went to a little restaurant for dinner one night and tried asking for some dumplings and rice, the lady pointed at a pot of noodles and I said no and she said "oh ok ok" I got dumplings and rice noodles. Ha ha ha. They were good none the less.

I found a couple girls who are willing to help me with my Chinese and I will help them with their English conversational skills. I tried to offer to pay them for their help, thinking it might persuade them to be consistent about lessons but they said no because we are friends and I will be teaching them English at the same time. I'm hoping for the best.

Frances let me have some of her delicious mushroom and chicken soup and told me she will teach me how to make it as well. I'm very excited about that. :-)

I present my play on Saturday to a paying audience. I'm a little nervous because it's supposed to be 40-50 min's long and I think it's only 25-30. :-S Yikes!!! Elysse, any suggestions?

Well… I think that is all for now. Not much else is happening. Talk to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment