Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pretty Yellow Flowers






For weeks I kept hearing about these FIELDS of pretty yellow flowers that I just had to see before they stopped blooming, so finally I agreed to go with my friends. “so the fields go for as far as the eye can see” they reminded me as we drove there, “there are so many of them that they cover the ground!” “so many people come to see them every year”… we pass a few wilted yellow flowers in a ditch on our way to lunch and I wonder if they are the ones my friends have been raving about.

It was a wonderful lunch with all local dishes and most very delicious. We headed out of the restaurant to go see the flowers and pass some more of the scraggly looking things in the ditch…at this point I’m kind of tentative about believing them that these flowers are going to be beautiful; especially after confirming that those were the same flowers we were going to see. Something though, looked oddly familiar about those flowers…

We got to this field which was not as far as the eye could see, it was maybe a quarter section filled with really tall yellow flowers and lots of people walking through them. “Wait… I think I know what these are” I tell one of my friends. “ha ha ha ha ha…this is Canola!” I exclaimed. They were a little disappointed that I had seen them before but I couldn’t help laughing at how many people came to trek through these fields of pretty yellow flowers every year while I grew up driving past REAL “fields as far as the eye could see” every day.

2 comments:

  1. I love this story, and I love these photos! You look beautiful! You are glowing!!

    I love you, and I love your adventure.

    Elysse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! What a great story! Now your friends will know why those flowers grow there every year! Looks like you're having a blast!

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete